Wiper Arm -- looking for a wiper arm for a 1966 Wildcat (or set)

D

Deleted member 28728

I have a 1966 Wildcat sedan with a single wiper arm. And in Oregon, it does rain, sometimes.

So I am looking for a second one or a pair. But all the new wiper arms on the market are just junk with plastic parts (e.g. ANCO).

Would someone know whether the wiper arm is interchangeable with another model (Electra, Riviera, Le Sabre?) and year?

Thank you!
Charles

IMG_5390.jpeg

This is plastic?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/anc-4103 (says stainless steel)
Larry, I ordered them from RockAuto (terrible return experience) and yesterday tried to install. Really really ugly. The rotating part is a piece of plastic. The Trico so called “vintage” wiper blades are also shipped with very large and ugly plastic connection piece. The result is just unbearably ugly. Did I say “ugly”?

And the fit is too tight — you can put them on as long as you plan to never try to remove them. Luckily I did not put them all the way in; it still took me an hour and ample greasing to take it out.

I just found on Facebook an overpriced set of 1965 Riviera arms that should do. Unfortunately I have not yet found a book/online resource on interchangeable consumable. The “Buick Used Parts Buyers Guide” (see picture) is really great but only covers major parts.

CBE9424C-E898-4AC6-B03C-29706D6DD9CE.jpeg

Back