nailhead

1. scenexsick

1966 Electra spitting gas out the carb.... HEI Vacuum Advance tuning?

I recently performed an HEI points conversion on my 1966 Electra, only with the help of you kind folks here, and at v8 buick! I got to the point where all is hooked up properly, but left to go south for vacation, so didnt have the chance to fully finish. I cranked it once and fired, yet ran very...
  2. scenexsick

Need help identifying a certain mysterious wire......

Earlier, i had some HEI conversion issues about the exact thing I am going to describe. It turned out that the ignition coil was damaged within the HEI. Now, everything is ran to spec that i know of and still have no idea what the following wire is for....... I asked prior when sorting out the...
  3. P

1957 Buick Wiring Diagram with modern Alternator, HEI Distributor, Mini-Starter

Hello Everybody! I am restoring a 57 Century and have made some modifications (improvements) over some of the older electrical components in the engine bay: New 100 Amp one-wire Alternator with internal voltage regulation New 1400 Watt high-torque mini-starter New HEI Distributor Eliminated the...
  4. M

Manual transmission behind my 364

What would be appropriate to run behind my 364 would like to run a open drive shaft 4 or 5 speed, is it possible with a stock 59 bell housing? Any help is appreciated thanks. Colt
  5. S

401 nailhead flexplate

Hello Guys I had my 401 rebuild and the plan is to run it on a stand to test it . In the car i have a dynaflow and the gear for the starter is on te torquconverter . My question is can i put a flexplate on my 1963 401 from any 401 , and will it have the correct distance to the starter . Thanks...
  6. 66' Wildcat

66' Wildcat

7. C

1966 425 swap into a 1957 Special Synchromesh Column Shift

I have posted in the past but I'm looking for clarification on what exactly will need to be done to swap a '66 425 (getting ready to tear down/rebuild) into my 1957 Buick Special 3 speed manual Synchromesh. I'm under the impression that the manual trans is uncommon and I'd like to keep it...
  8. J

Gasket sealants

Team, I bought a full gasket set for my 1957 364 but I'm confused with all the gasket sealant options. Anybody can point me in the right direction on what sealant to use with what gasket? Thanks in advance.
  9. F

Exhaust manifold 64-66

Hello, When my manifold on the driver's side is broken I need to get another one. So my question is: Is there any difference in 1964.1965 and 1966? My Buick is an Electra 225 1965, but the engine is a 425 in 1964. Is it the same manifold for double and single exhaust system? BRG Per Fruck
  10. F

Prime the oil pump

Hello, is it any one who has tried to prime the oil pump backwards? Nailhead 425 When I took down the screen and oil pump I was putting Vaseline in the pump so it could “pull” the oil thru the pump and up to the engine, did work great! Next time I was only removing the screen (I need that to...
  11. 6

power brake vacuum check valve

I would appreciate some advice on my 1965 Wildcat 401. The vacuum check valve on the power brake vacuum unit is a "twist and lock" style. It is approximately 3/4 inch valve diameter and e a 90 degree fitting for the vacuum hose. I can not find a replacement valve any where. Any one have one or...
  12. E

nailhead swap help please

I have 2 60s era buicks a 65 electra with a 425 nailhead with the super turbine 400 transmission my other car is a 68 skylark with a 350 and a th350... I want to put the nailhead and super turbine in my skylark because it is in much betterrer shape so I am curious what all I will need to...
  13. J

1956 buick special 322 nailhead to 1976 bop th400

hello i wanna keep my sweet 322 nail head but would to install a super awesome th400 out of an electra. i have an adapter for bop to chev. what else. cant seem to find anything on this combo. please help thnx james in chattanooga tn
  14. F

65 Riviera ignition drama!

Maybe someone else has had this problem.. My 65 riv is gutted and ready for paint. It's got a fresh 401 nailhead and as I was putting it back together I ran into an oddball ignition problem. When I put the key in the ignition (which is just hanging) and turn it to run, the starter engages for a...
  15. J

1968 buick GS to a Nailhead! (help)

hey guys, im working on my 68 buick gs with no motor or tranny and im looking to stick a nailhead 401 or 364 in it and was wondering if it would even bolt up right. your thoughts would help TONS! thanks
  16. T

Need help identifying nailhead by engine number

I am purchasing a project car (1928 Model A) with a Nailhead motor to put in it. I am having trouble identifying what engine size it is. the Casting Number is 13622564. I believe it may have come out of a late 60's Wild Cat. Please Help. Edsel Townsend:finish:
  17. P

401 rebuild specs and other info

I'm planning on rebuilding a 401 for my 31 Ford A coupe hot-rod project, and have a few questions. Most importantly, does anyone know a good resource for all the dimensions and clearances for reassembling these motors? I would like to "blueprint" this engine as much as possible while I assemble...
  18. M

Help needed...

I´m trying to figure out if i got the original engine in my -60 Electra, but i can´t find "my" engine number in any of the decoding charts... The number to the left on the engine: 4G9459 The number to the right on the engine: 6G1001475 Casting number on heads: 1190415 I belive my car is early...
  19. norwegian66riv

364 401 nailhead cylinder engine head

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/59-60-BUICK-364-401-NAILHEAD-CYLINDER-ENGINE-HEAD-/120673533779?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c18b3ff53 and...
  20. elagache

401 Nailhead engine transplant for a 1965 Buick Special - opinions?

401 (or other Buick) engine transplant for 65 Buick Special - opinions? Dear Buick Enthusiasts, :shield: I have a 1965 Buick Special Deluxe wagon with a 300 cu V8 engine that is getting weary. I joined Team Buick in order to get some advice on rebuilding the engine and truly discovered how...
Back