starter

1. S

401 nailhead flexplate

Hello Guys I had my 401 rebuild and the plan is to run it on a stand to test it . In the car i have a dynaflow and the gear for the starter is on te torquconverter . My question is can i put a flexplate on my 1963 401 from any 401 , and will it have the correct distance to the starter . Thanks...
  2. F

Ignition / Starter Gremlin!

First.. thanks to those who solved my last problem, the solution was much better than lighting the car on fire... here is a problem I have had for a while and can't seem to figure out.. 65 Riviera.. it is stripped and ready for paint (no dash, interior, nothin..) After putting the motor back in...
  3. F

65 Riviera ignition drama!

Maybe someone else has had this problem.. My 65 riv is gutted and ready for paint. It's got a fresh 401 nailhead and as I was putting it back together I ran into an oddball ignition problem. When I put the key in the ignition (which is just hanging) and turn it to run, the starter engages for a...
  4. D

1950 Buick Super Starting issue

Hey folks, bear with me. The Short story is the starter solenoid plunger activates, the starter does not. The long story is that "Bruce" ( what we named our Buick), finally needed a carb rebuild & its manifold straightened out. This part went well. Bruce's starter had been "dragging" for a...
  5. 5

How do you make it crank??? Starter button?

Boy I know I sound dumb, but how do you crank the engine over on a 53 Special 45r. The car has a Dyna Flow trans and a straight 8 263. The key switch has 3 positions; lock, on, off, and it works good. There is a small pushbutton on the dash left of the steering column which is what I though...
Back