71 Buick GS 350 Exhaust Choke Thermostat Needed!

I have a 71 Buick GS with a Rochester 4bbl ‘California’ Carberator #7041544. Looking for a replacement Exhaust Choke Thermostat.
I believe it is part #7041192? Any assistance would be appreciated...this part is elusive! Thank you!

There doesn't appear to be an easy answer on this one except converting to an electric choke. Www.quadrajetparts.com shows an electric conversion kit, their no 1223.

The 7041192 part no. is correct for all '71 Buick 350 4-bbl appications. It's not specific to the GS350, transmission type, California emissions, or even A-body cars. Don't know what the survival rate is on these in salvage yards.

The similar '72-74 part is a 7042192, its adaptability to '71 is unknown. Www.taperformance.com shows to have a thermostat for remote-choke Buick Quadrajets, their no 1241, for use on their manifolds. Don't know if this one can be adapted to a factory '71 manifold.

It was a Buick only, one-year only part. It was available at dealers up to discontinuance in 12/90 without a superceding part number. No aftermarket suppliers such as Walker could be located. NOS units show up on eBay from time to time at $150-200 a pop.

Hope this doesn't just rehash data already in hand 😸.

Last edited:
Thanks Team Member Todd!

Todd-
Thank you for your reply. Of course I would have a (1) year only production item that has not been made in decades... I suppose I will try the electric option, for now, until I can dig up the proper unit to keep it stock.
Thank you again for your help!
Happy motoring!
Hank

Back