Better to go with an underdash unit

jazzfi

When I found out what it would cost to refurbish the Wonderbar on my "60 Electra, I thought.. what's the point? Especially now since oldies stations have disappeared from AM radio and all we got left is Rush, I figured that for the same bread I could invest in a Kenwood unit under the dash, with a power amp and 10-cd changer (in the trunk) and kept the Wonderbar in the dash.. that was over 10 years ago and since then I have changed out my under dash unit for another Kenwood, this one has a USB port for a flashdrive and now I have unlimited 1950-60 American music separated by various folders and genres of music, and they never skip when I hit a bump.. I put a new speaker in the dash (for the left channel) and one on the rear shelf with an original grill (for the right channel) to keep an original look.. I also ran a wire from the light in the Wonderbar unit to the headlight switch so the radio light comes on with the other dashlights.. imho this is the best way to go, since I don't use ipod devices..

Back