Holley Sniper EFI *** UPDATE***

OZ40

Okay folks, She's on, up, and running ! As you know I was having problems `getting the Holley Sniper 2bbl EFI to work correctly with the pedal start feature on the '60 Buicks. To recap, when in Park or Neutral and giving it gas the starter would engage. Jamie and the crew at the HotRod Shop in Troy MI got everything right with the system. In a nutshell he was able to use a ROM feature in the EFI brain to alter the Vacuum that engages the starter. In his own words:

"We tied into the factory wiring and added a micro switch to work off the pedal start. We also wired in a relay on the starter side of things. This relay was programmed from one of the sniper outputs to send signal to the relay to shut the starter off above 800. We used this rom because the car is set at 860 rpm idle. So basically when the car is running now it triggers the relay and doesn’t allow the starter to work".

It's all Greek to me but the car is running great. I'll continue to drive it about as it's my understanding the Sniper computer systems take a few cycles to 'learn' the car. I hid the readout unit behind the metal facia trim under the glovebox. Thanks for all the input folks! Happy motoring!

Attachments

• eficloseup.jpg
    eficloseup.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 7
  • efidriverside.jpg
    efidriverside.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 7
  • efipassengerside.jpg
    efipassengerside.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 7
  • efibrain.jpg
    efibrain.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 8
  • hardtop back.JPG
    hardtop back.JPG
    228.1 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: Bob
Fantastic! If yours works as good as mine, you will LIKE the sucker. Betting it will.

Are you controlling the timing with the EFI?

Ben

Back