I can't seem to find the KB chart?

kookie1

Like I mentioned, I can't find one of Kenne Bells Big Block 1/4 mile Staging chart, the one where he starts out with the 400 , then the 430, then the base 455, etc..
I could swear it's listed somewhere here??:whistle:

Last edited:
It is in the "Reference" section under 400/430/455. I have now added it to the above menu, at the top of the right list. I will be adding more articles from the reference section to the menus in the forums when I have time.

:(
Hi Bob, I still can't find it? All KB links show just the 455 Stage1 from stock to modified.
I must be doing something wrong??
Incase i'm causing confusion, it the 1/4 mile chart starting with 400 times, then the 430 times, base 455, stage1 cam added etc..
I thought also I might of seen it on the Reynolds blog but can't find it there either.

Last edited:
No it's not this one but thanks:);)
I'm pretty sure it is a Kenne bells and or Pops..chart.
They start with a 400 at something like 14.4 or 14.5??
then a stock 430 at 14.2??
then a stock 455 at 14.1??
they put a factory stage1 cam and get 14.00??
then the Stage1 heads and get 13.9??
Its formatted just like the above KB tests you posted. I swear I bookmarked it but obviously can't find it:unsure::whistle:
Like I said it might be on Reymolds Buick blog but still think it was here??

OK, but what do you expect to get out of it, other than the interesting read? KB has been out of Buick engines for a long time. The Buick high performance world has evolved and come a long way since then.

Just for interesting reading like you said, that's all. The thing is it was also available to see even just a few months ago and probably still there somewhere.
It's not even for KB parts which are non existing now anyways or any motor i'm planing to build.
Just wanting to see more of Buicks little increases as the cubes grew and pure nostalgic reasons..

Head flow is where it is at. I dropped 1.1 seconds and gained 11 MPH in my quarter mile passes with aluminum heads and single plane intake. Went from 13.22 @ 101 to 12.11 at 112 with the TA Stage1SE heads and TA SP1 intake.

^^^^ In a nicely optioned ^^^^ full weight, totally street able car if i'm correct:)
I'm guessing 100 lbs weight savings with the heads and intake??

Yes, at the track, I take EVERYTHING out of the trunk, just me and around a half a tank of gas, it weighs 4025-4050 lbs. I have a Gear Vendors Overdrive, and it is very streetable. Runs 180-185* in the worst conditions, and gets about 15 MPG if you keep it at 60 MPH. Idles at 750 in gear. About 7 years ago I had another short block built by Tri Shield Performance and used my heads and intake with a 1000 DP carburetor (Q-jet for the street)

70 GS 455 Stage1, TSP 470, 602 HP@ 5900, 589 TQ @ 4900
TA Hyd Roller Cam, 230*/238*, 112, .544"/.577" lift, 4-7 swap
MSD Digital 6+, Ignitionman Distributor w/MSD trigger
THM400 with TSP 9.5" converter, Gear Vendors OD
AED 1000 HO Carb, 800 CFM 7042240 Quadrajet
8.5 10 bolt, 3.73's Race weight 4025lbs.
Best E.T. 11.54 Best MPH, 116.06

Your the running the Q-jet on the street for better driveablity and gas mileage??
I googled the AED 1000 HO carb and it says it pretty happy on the street..

Yes, the Q-jet gets much better gas mileage, and there is plenty of performance on the primaries alone, the AED is great as well, but seems to open all at once.

Back