Newbie from North Central Ohio

Rindy

Hello,
Although I don't own a Buick, I am building a '51 Studebaker pickup (old-school custom) powered by a '56 322 Nailhead out of a '56 Century.
Got turned on to Nailheads back in '64 when I was working at a Gulf gas station in the Upper Ohio Valley.
Anyway the motor is currently at the rebuilders, the heads are done & the block's been bored .030" over (which I guess will make it a 327)!
This originally had a Dynaflow behind it... but I'm converting to stick. I have an old Cragar adapter bellhousing to adapt a 322 to a Borg Warner T85 trans.
PLEASE HELP, I NEED A '56 322 STICK FLYWHEEL! I have heard that this is a one-year-only flywheel.
Any help from you guys will be appreciated!!!
Thanks,
Rindy

You could try TAPerformance, they make flywheels for 215's, 300's, 401's etc, not sure if they do/or can make a 322 flywheel, but they may direct you in the right direction.

Hello,
Although I don't own a Buick, I am building a '51 Studebaker pickup (old-school custom) powered by a '56 322 Nailhead out of a '56 Century.
Got turned on to Nailheads back in '64 when I was working at a Gulf gas station in the Upper Ohio Valley.
Anyway the motor is currently at the rebuilders, the heads are done & the block's been bored .030" over (which I guess will make it a 327)!
This originally had a Dynaflow behind it... but I'm converting to stick. I have an old Cragar adapter bellhousing to adapt a 322 to a Borg Warner T85 trans.
PLEASE HELP, I NEED A '56 322 STICK FLYWHEEL! I have heard that this is a one-year-only flywheel.
Any help from you guys will be appreciated!!!
Thanks,
Rindy
You can use any yr 322 flywheel. They use all the same crankshaft. Just use a pressure plate for the year of the flywheel.

Reactions: Bob
Back