T3 Headlight Replacement

Hi all! Perhaps a silly question, but I have a query regarding replacing headlights on my 67 Skylark. I've attached three photos to show where my question/confusion lies. The low beam bulb on the car has two prongs, and as shown on the female connector, there are actually three prongs but one has a spacer sort of thing in it. The new bulb I bought has three male prongs as shown in photo. Do I remover the spacer thing from the car's female connector and then plug in the new light? I am unsure as to what purpose the spacer thing serves. I hope this makes sense! I didn't want to be rash and just remove the spacer and plug in the new light.

Attachments

• IMG_2233 (1).jpg
    IMG_2233 (1).jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2231 (1).jpg
    IMG_2231 (1).jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2230 (1).jpg
    IMG_2230 (1).jpg
    63 KB · Views: 12
Hi all! Perhaps a silly question, but I have a query regarding replacing headlights on my 67 Skylark. I've attached three photos to show where my question/confusion lies. The low beam bulb on the car has two prongs, and as shown on the female connector, there are actually three prongs but one has a spacer sort of thing in it. The new bulb I bought has three male prongs as shown in photo. Do I remover the spacer thing from the car's female connector and then plug in the new light? I am unsure as to what purpose the spacer thing serves. I hope this makes sense! I didn't want to be rash and just remove the spacer and plug in the new light.
Just pull the prong out of the female connections

Thanks! I just want to be sure I'm not going to blow fuses or melt wires. Is the insert in the female prong some kind of grounding mechanism? Thanks again for the assistance. Joel
No it's the prong off the headlight itself. They'll pop of the headlight where it's soldered on at times.

Back