1. scenexsick

1966 Electra spitting gas out the carb.... HEI Vacuum Advance tuning?

I recently performed an HEI points conversion on my 1966 Electra, only with the help of you kind folks here, and at v8 buick! I got to the point where all is hooked up properly, but left to go south for vacation, so didnt have the chance to fully finish. I cranked it once and fired, yet ran very...
  2. scenexsick

Need help identifying a certain mysterious wire......

Earlier, i had some HEI conversion issues about the exact thing I am going to describe. It turned out that the ignition coil was damaged within the HEI. Now, everything is ran to spec that i know of and still have no idea what the following wire is for....... I asked prior when sorting out the...
  3. scenexsick

Hei conversion on 1966 buick Electra HELP!

I installed an HEI distributor the other day and had the motor at 10-12 degrees before TDC. As i went to drop the distributor in, the rotor would only come to rest either 1 notch before or after the #1 wire/plug. Is this correct due to the degree set? Any help would be great!
  4. Wildcat 1966 AC radiator

Wildcat 1966 AC radiator

Took it out of my car as former owner had dismantled the AC compressor and cut the hoses. Marked “free” because I have no idea if it’s value (TBD). And I do not know whether it is actually in working condition (can’t test). I am selling it as-is but I am also open to trade (starter?).
  5. 1966 Wildcat Sedan -- starting on the journey

1966 Wildcat Sedan -- starting on the journey

Just bought this clean looking 1966 Wildcat. There is however a lot of work to be done, starting with the paint job -- a ugly pewter color over the original silver grey. First I'll need to treat rust spots to prevent further damages to the body (see below). Next? Add a right windshield wiper...
  6. D

New owner of a 1966 Wildcat sedan

Hi -- I am in Eugene, OR. I just joined this group after buying a 1966 Wildcat 4-door sedan (yesterday). This is my first 'vintage' car, so, I went cheap for a start. Basically, the engine runs and the car drives, but --more or less-- everything else needs fixing, repairing or replacing. My...
  7. New member, checking in!

New member, checking in!

white with black interior, bucket seats and console
  8. 66' Wildcat

66' Wildcat

9. Kiwijeff

Nailhead into 1966 Skylark

Hi all, I'm replacing the 300 cu.in in my '66 Skylark convertible with a 425 Nailhead & Switch Pitch Super Turbine 400. I'm in the process of rebuilding the 425 with a complete rebuild kit from T.A.Performance in Arizona, I've rebuilt the SP400 & fitted a Shift Kit. I've imported a rear sumped...
  10. B

1966 LeSabre

I haven't been on here for a while - health issues, anyhow I saw there there is a wanted post for 1966 Le Sabre letters for hood and trunk. There is a 66 on CL in Lincoln, Nebraska, USA for $600. It looked like the rear lettering at least was in fair condition - the car is very dusty in the...
  11. Canadian Buick Mogul

Ticking like a time bomb - 1966 340

Just picked up this 1966 LeSabre 400, and the engine is ticking quite loudly. Engine seems to take throttle fine. 53000 orig miles, seems all original. Should I be looking at oil pump upgrades, or swapping out lifters (without new cam?) ?
  12. R

1966 340 buick low inlet manifold vacumn

Hi All I have low inlet manifold vacumn pressure, my engine cuts out regulary … i cant seem to find the problem … has anyone had similar … Regards Ray
  13. S

First timer question

Hello, I just purchased a 1966 Skylark and the person that I got it from knew nothing about the engine. He said that he had a friend that was working on it (not in a good way) and when I got it she was not running. The past owner has had it for about 20 years and he was working on the body...
  14. 6

1966 Buick Special

I bite off a little more than i thought by buying this car. I have had it in storage outside for a year now. Before i bought it, I think it sat outside for about 3 years under a tree. The rust isn't too bad but i need to start working on before it's unworthy of my time and money. It has a 300...
  15. norwegian66riv

NOS GM 1966 thru 1970 Buick Riviera GS Center Cap SET

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-GM-1966-thru-1970-Buick-Riviera-GS-Center-Cap-SET-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem56448356c2QQitemZ370516645570QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
  16. norwegian66riv

401/425 1964-1966 Dual Quad linkage

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buick-Riviera-401-425-1964-1966-Dual-Quad-linkage-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1e6336bf0cQQitemZ130513551116QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
  17. A

1966 sportwagon cowl tag

I am decoding our "new" 1966 Sportwagon and cannot find info on some of the codes. The Div. Series number is 44455FL1 which I know is a Buick Sportwagon with 2 seats, but what is the FL1? Also, under the trim code are the letters WCFR 2KX and under those numbers it reads 4F 5Y. Can anyone tell...
  18. E

Desperately seeking Wiring Diagram 1966 Gran Sport

I have the repair manual but there is no reference to either of these options. Any idea on where to find them? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Back