skylark

1. 1966 Skylark Convertible

1966 Skylark Convertible

2. W

What year was this engine used?

I have a 1964 Buick Skylark and was gonna fix it up but I checked the numbers on the casting its a 350 1382201-L, I am getting different years 1968-1970, 1970-71, 1970, before I order any parts just wanna know exactly what years or year it is or if it changed much between any of those years and...
  3. My not Buick

My not Buick

4. vtos

Need help and information for investigation of a low compression cylinder

Hello! I recently did a compression test on my buick 300. I got a decent 120# on all cylinders except the number 1 cylinder which read only 60# and it did not drop after sitting for 30 minutes. Spark plug doesn't show any signs of mechanical damage nor any gas or oil on it. I took the valve...
  5. C

1969 Skylark Custom Grille Issue

I have a 1969 Buick Skylark Custom drop top with a grille issue. Before I bought the car, someone replaced it with a homemade grille which doesn’t look all that bad but I want the original look back. My question is what will fit my Buick?! From my understanding, the only correct one for the 69...
  6. My project

My project

7. '68 Skylark Convertible

'68 Skylark Convertible

Finally pulled the trigger on this one. Factory buckets, console, Power steering, brakes, windows, top. A/C, 350 4bbl. Looking forward to getting to know her! I'm shopping for wheels and tires - trying to fit the biggest rubber in the rear without buying custom offset wheels. Any advice is...
  8. G

1964 Skylark exterior side trim, need clips!

The 2" wide side trim is loose on my "new" Skylark. The clips are a 1 7/8" plastic type, in the area below the rear passenger window. OPGI doesn't seem to have any. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I need 6 of them but I'd be happy to have more for the future. Thanks, Dave
  9. V

Valve Cover Identification

Hi, could we get a rundown of how to identify valve covers. Specifically pictures of them. I have a 68 skylark custom and I dont know if i should have the valve cover 350-2/4 decal in the center or not. Thank you. Which is which?
  10. C

67 skylark dashboard light question

Does anyone know how to get my automatic transmission indicator light to light up the indicator for Park / Neutral / Reverse / L2 on my dashboard for my 1967 Skylark? I don't understand how my light is supposed to go through the metal to show it, maybe it's just a bad design? It's not and...
  11. T

Need Heater Vacuum Diagram

Hello All, I need a diagram that shows how all the vacuum lines connect to the heater control switches for a 70 Skylark. Thanks
  12. M

1961 Skylark V8

Hello to everyone, I am new here and would be new to Buick ownership, but..... I heard about this car via a “friend of a friend” of my wife, literally. I went to look and it is a really nice looking item. This is a much more attractive style than I remembered, and the original color...
  13. M

new radiator and new smoke from a 1965 Buick Skylark 300 4.9L

Hey guys is me again. I'm once again seeking your knowledge. I recently installed a new radiator, hoses, and thermostat. I did have a bit of trouble with fitting the new radiator in the car but I managed to fit it in the car. Once I start the car sounds powerful. I had the engine completely...
  14. M

look for 65 Skylark V8 300 4.9L parts

Hello. I'm looking for some parts for my 65 Skylark. If anyone knows a great site or point of contact that is selling parts that I have listed below please let me know. I'm looking to buy a used or restro 1965 300 Air Cleaner and new A/C Condenser. I'm trying to make the car look as original as...
  15. B

Bought a really cool 67 Skylark

I bought an incredibly original 67 Buick Skylark sport coupe last weekend. Other than 1 repaint 100 percent original. Perfect interior. Great paperwork. I got window sticker original title owners manual warranty booklet.. The original owner used the warranty booklet to keep a log of all...
  16. E

buick hood hinges/springs

the driver side hinge on my skylarks hood is kinked from the previous owner forcing it closed with a siezed spring. I fixed the spring but the kink is causing the hood to close crooked and I would like to replace both of them but I cannot find replacement hinges for my 68 they seem popular and...
  17. E

68 skylark rear window seal

the trunk in my skylark is totally rusted out. I can see the gas tank. replacing the trunk pan isn't an issue but how to keep it from happening again is....to my understanding the reason this happens is because the window drainage channels fill up and don't have anywhere to go except the trunk...
  18. E

nailhead swap help please

I have 2 60s era buicks a 65 electra with a 425 nailhead with the super turbine 400 transmission my other car is a 68 skylark with a 350 and a th350... I want to put the nailhead and super turbine in my skylark because it is in much betterrer shape so I am curious what all I will need to...
  19. T

Possible parts car?

I currently own a 72 skylark as far as I know its a base model car. Its equipped with 350 2bbl engine and 350 trans and has power brakes. I plan to put a 455 and th400 in the car. I recently found a 72 skylark sitting in an old ladies backyard. I talked to her and she told me It was her...
  20. T

Just Bought a 1972 Skylark!

So i just bought this beautiful lark. I payed $3,000 for It. I'm about to turn 17 and this is basically my first car. The car is almost all original excluding the wheels and the interior has been redone. It has 79,000 original miles on it. Under the hood is a 350 with a 2bbl carb I believe to be...
Back