straight 8

1. I

1946 Super finally running and driving videos

SOOO I kept getting yelled at to get my Buick running and driving so yesterday was the first time she saw the road in 20+ years. 248 straight 8 lots of little things here and there too get her back to life and introduce her to 2017 :hurray: The drive was only a mile long spiked my adrenaline...
  2. K

New member from Germany - 1949 Buick Super Sedanet 320

Hi there, since three years now I'm the proud owner of a 49' Super Sedanet. I never thought it would take 3 years to bring it on the road again. But when you fix one thing, you discover another and at one point I just decided to make it a foolproof daily driver without changing too much of the...
  3. H

1939 buick model 48

Does any one know the value of a frame off restoration of a 1939 buick model 48 it is the two door model and interior is in great shape and has all been redone rust free car with decent paint, there are some minor chips in the paint though, motor (straight 8) was recently rebuilt and has two...
  4. D

1934 Buick Series 40 engine identification

I just picked up a complete engine, trans, cowl and hood for what I think is a 1934 Buick series 40. Can someone check the number for me, I can't find the early motor numbers listed anywhere. Number stamped on block is 2877464. I bought it for the manifold but it is a smaller engine then what...
  5. S

1939 Buick Model 41 straight 8 engine wiring??

Hi this is my first post here, i was given a 1939 buick from my grandfather who was going to restore it. I recently removed the front nose and fenders and started cleaning things up a bit, Im looking for any info on the wiring for the engine, I know its pretty basic everything seems to be...
  6. 5

Straight 8 cylinder head identification

Hello All, I have 2 extra straight 8 heads in my shed and I am trying to id them. One has casting # 1318766-1 on it and it measures 31.5 inches long. I believe this is a 263 head . . . The other one has casting number 13408273 on it. I don’t have the length on this one and I’m not sure what...
  7. S

6Volt Ignition system

Hey, Good morning. I am in the process of getting my 53' Special to run. I have been going over allot of the wiring, replaced the battery and have it on a trickle charger for a 6 volt system as I have not gotten to the fuel system yet. My question though is: When I verify spark by disconnecting...
  8. P

Dual carb manifold proper/alternative carbs

Can anyone tell me what carbs were used on the dual carb manifolds? Has anyone adapted anything and if so what results? Suggestions? Am also considering 4 SU's..any advice pro or con on that or what might be a good 4 carb set up where I don't have a whole lot of overhead space (low hood line)...
  9. F

5 spd behind a stg 8

I have a 53 special with three on the tree I want to put a 5 speed in it from an S10 I saw it in street rodder magazine on a 53 chevy with an adapter plate (150$) is our 3 speeds the same as the chevy? and what rearend would you use any help would be great. This is a pic at its first car show...
  10. 5

Dynaflow service question

I am servicing my Buick (which has been sitting for 41 years) while my 263 is getting bored out and rebuilt. I got a trans pan gasket but no one seems to have a filter . . . Does a Dyna Flow in 1953 have a replaceable filter or is there just a screen? If there is a filter what is the part...
  11. 5

Straight 8 engine rebuild questions

Hello Straight 8 guys! I'm rebuilding the straight 8 out of my 53 Special 45R. It had been sitting for 41 years before I just recently got it. I tore it down to find that # 4 and #5 pistons had holes burned in them. Also in the trunk of my car there were 2 burned pistons. The 2 burned...
Back