straight eight

1. 4

Newbie with 1940 Special Coupe needs starter motor

Hoping to get started on a long neglected 1940 Special 46 coupe that was purchased long ago without the short block. Looking at purchasing a 263 from a 1953 Special with a manual transmission. However, the 263 straight eight does not have a starter motor. Will the starter motor from the 1940...
  2. L

Spark Plugs

hello all. question about plugs. recently made a 900 mile round trip to Kentucky for the Bourbon Blitzkrieg Run and Beatersville. on the way back car was running pretty sick. pulled plugs and 1,2,7,8 plugs only have .004" gap. before the trip I took checked them at .025". this is a 263 in...
  3. P

Transmission for a straight eight

Hi..Newbie here. Pardon me if this has been covered somewhere...I couldn't find anything, so, maybe someone can point me, or, has an idea. I am using a 248 to power a sort of vintage English "hotrod" on a 1934 Alvis frame. Looks like a good fit. However, I want a floor shift, and perferably one...
  4. D

Engine identification... help!

Any advice on how to identify the various Buick straight eights? Specifically the years, models, etc. for the 320 ci motor? Thanks in advance.
  5. D

320 ci straight eight wanted

Anyone interested in selling their 320 ci Buick straight eight engine? I'm looking for a complete motor in good condition. Northeast location. Thanks in advance for any leads/sources! Private email: ehk@gmavt.net
Back