263 in my 38 coupe, first run

Jenz38

The motor is pimped with much more compression , overbored to near 290 cui. with 84mm BMW pistons, bigger Valves (Deutz) with smaler 8mm stems, sharper cam and 3 kilo lighter Flywheel ( made for dynaflow crank ) with 4 Ltr. Cherokee clutch.
Deck is 2 mm milled and the ported Head also
all is ventilated thru a oem buick compound carburetion system with two front ,accelerator pump equipped, stromberg aav 1 carbs.
The engine is prepared to a full filtering oiling system.

*'38 Buick special coupe: http://youtu.be/_QG8KRNsaBY

The motor is pimped with much more compression , overbored to near 290 cui. with 84mm BMW pistons, bigger Valves (Deutz) with smaler 8mm stems, sharper cam and 3 kilo lighter Flywheel ( made for dynaflow crank ) with 4 Ltr. Cherokee clutch.
Deck is 2 mm milled and the ported Head also
all is ventilated thru a oem buick compound carburetion system with two front ,accelerator pump equipped, stromberg aav 1 carbs.
The engine is prepared to a full filtering oiling system.

*'38 Buick special coupe: http://youtu.be/_QG8KRNsaBY

Smooth!
I would like to see the oil system modifications.

Ben

38 buick .

That is sweet , mine(picture248 ci straight eight) is coming out of my 41 buick special this winter for rebuild ... Love to see the different mods that can be done .

Attachments

• oct 5 2014 129 (640x480).jpg
    oct 5 2014 129 (640x480).jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 26
  • oct 5 2014 123.jpg
    oct 5 2014 123.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 23
Jenz,
What compression ratio did wind up with using the BMW pistons? Same Mahle part numbers you sent me pics of? Engine sounds sweet. Thanks! John

Hi Jenz,
Your motor sounds excellent with no vibration! Awesome.. I'm at the rebuild stage of my 263 and would be interested to know what you did for your rebuild. Overbore size, pistons, rings used. Part numbers would be very helpful as well as cam, valves, lifters, etc. I'm planning on using the dual carb setup as well as a paxton / mccullough supercharger. Thanks in advance.
Pat

Jenz,
What compression ratio did wind up with using the BMW pistons? Same Mahle part numbers you sent me pics of? Engine sounds sweet. Thanks! John
Hi John,
You wanna know the comp ratio ?
you wanna know the Truth
? :confused:
I never had alculate it :D
only by my ass-meter , but not so much ...because the BMW pistons domes are not so big like the original ones.

Hi Jenz,
Your motor sounds excellent with no vibration! Awesome.. I'm at the rebuild stage of my 263 and would be interested to know what you did for your rebuild. Overbore size, pistons, rings used. Part numbers would be very helpful as well as cam, valves, lifters, etc. I'm planning on using the dual carb setup as well as a paxton / mccullough supercharger. Thanks in advance.
Pat

Pat,
at the beginning of this thread is a description.
How it all in the near future works i will know if the streets beginns to be saltfree.
This all is an trail and error game with the Parts that I use here together..

Last edited:
After that 300 mile trip my waterpump starts to leak...(damn !.,now after the big winter job)
know i have disassembled it and fix it with a new bearing (its metric size ) and a double ply modern seals.
21850464ca.jpg

After that 300 mile trip my waterpump starts to leak...(damn !.,now after the big winter job)
know i have disassembled it and fix it with a new bearing (its metric size ) and a double ply modern seals.
21850464ca.jpg
Hey there Jenz are the parts to fix the waterpump easily available?? i would like to re build mine soon just to make sure!!
See you in Herten:D

The size of the "pivot bearing" is
30 mm outer dia
Shaft 16 mm dia
One pivot is 30 mm, the other 45 mm long.
Seal size is outer dia 36.5 mm ( 1 7/16")
inner dia 16 mm( or in my case 15.75 mm)
Height : 6 mm if you wanna use 2 in line like me.

Yess.. see us in herten :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks Pat ;-)
Another run against a '68 Mustang with original 289 4V and auto goes also , on 1/8 mile ,with one nose ahead to me.
With more less weight (seatbench out, bumpers off , only 2 gallons gas in tank , are a more better time is possible.
8,2 sec (handstoped) in 2. Gear at nearly 60 mph.

More distributor and Carb job are also nessesary...
Im now happy with it :D

The size of the "pivot bearing" is
30 mm outer dia
Shaft 16 mm dia
One pivot is 30 mm, the other 45 mm long.
Seal size is outer dia 36.5 mm ( 1 7/16")
inner dia 16 mm( or in my case 15.75 mm)
Height : 6 mm if you wanna use 2 in line like me.

Yess.. see us in herten :thumbsup:
Thanks Jenz :beers:

Back