364 ci engine

Hi I am looking on a 1957 Buick Special. As the Special has the same engine as the Century, Super and Roadmaster with 364ci I am wondering why the engine has "only" 250hp while the other models with the same engine has 300hp? Would it be a big effort to tune the 250hp engine to 300hp? What are the Tuning Options on a 300hp 364ci Engine? Many thanks for any Information!

Camshaft, valve sizes, compression ratio via pistons. Just changinf to a 4 bbl. carb. will be an improvement, but not 50HP. And good luck in finding a resonnably priced manifold.

364 nailhead for a 57

Camshaft, valve sizes, compression ratio via pistons. Just changinf to a 4 bbl. carb. will be an improvement, but not 50HP. And good luck in finding a resonnably priced manifold.

MY ADVICE TO YOU AND ANY MEMBER OF TEAM BUICK IS TO JOIN THE BUICK CLUB OF AMERICA. CONTACT B.C.A.P.O.BOX 360775 COLUMBUS OHIO.43236-0775. OR WWW.BuickClub.org there are all kinds of people selling parts. Also tech advisores for every year. Try Glenn Cecchine former owner of CARS inc. e-mail him at buickparts@gmail.com. He still carries many parts and is particularly knowledge.able about 57s. hope i didnt brake any rules here!

Back