'57 Nailhead Oil filter Adapters

W

woody

Has anyone used one of these adapters and are they recommended? Check out webpages.charter.net/dhomstad/

I'm not sure if the link will work, but the adapters allow the use of a regular spin on filter to replace the old PF122.

Nope, havent used one, but would like to pick one up. If you do install one, please post the results on this board. I am sure there are a few folk round here who would like the imput.

hey on ebay there is a nos or filter assembly for cars that didnt have filtration or cars that want remote it is for a nailhead its under buick 63 parts or buick nailhead

I just checked out the site listed. Looks like a good product to me, but form your own opinion. I like to hear what other people had to say about buying, so I clicked on the link that says:

"For oil filter adapter product information details: [ Info ]

Then I went to the bottom of the page and clicked on the link to eBay opinions. There were about 75 reviews, every single one of them were very, very positive. Makes me wish I needed one of these!

i was going to buy the one from ebay then i thought i have enough parts in the garage as it is i think i will open a parts store and call it buickzone,sice autozone cant seem to help!!

Any updates on these? Anybody tried the product in question?
Image4.jpg

Use the factory adapter from a nailhead with a spin on filter, 59-66. uses only three bolts and also need gasket to match the adapter. two choices, a straight down one or an angled filter. Works great, I have been using them on my 322's for years.

Use the factory adapter from a nailhead with a spin on filter, 59-66. uses only three bolts and also need gasket to match the adapter. two choices, a straight down one or an angled filter. Works great, I have been using them on my 322's for years.
Do angled ones fit the 1961 401? As I need one for clearance of my Right Hand Hot Rod!

Attachments

• IMG_20200721_125738294.jpg
    IMG_20200721_125738294.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 6
Has anyone used one of these adapters and are they recommended? Check out webpages.charter.net/dhomstad/

I'm not sure if the link will work, but the adapters allow the use of a regular spin on filter to replace the old PF122.
Do you know the web address as I tried this one you listed and get nothing?

Back