63 riv carb

I rebuild AFB's for people from all over the world.
After rebuilding I install on a running driving vehicle I use for this purpose & others.
Don't need a problem with an overseas shipment as it can end up being very costly.

Tom T.

tom, are you able to deal with the leaking throttle shafts? they seem to have play in them. would you be interested in doing this carb and if so whats your turn time and a rough estimate on the cost?thanks ken

Ken,

Yes, I normally put bushings front & rear as needed.
Normally 60-90 days. Don't forget the time of year also.
As a start send the carb. with a check in the box for $375.00.
I won't go any further without your authorization.
In all honesty there is NO WAY I can charge for the time it will normally take me as by the time I'm done I will have spent a minimum of 12-14hrs.

Tom T.

tom. if i understand you correctly we start @ $375 and go from there? and its 2-3 months out?. i need to talk to my customer but i would like to talk to you, if possible, to get more info before i call him. i can be reached @ 609-504-9235 after 6pm est. if you could call me when you can that would be great.thanks ken

i have a 63 riv with a 401 and need to have carb done. leaking fuel from throttle shafts. i am in nj. any suggestions?
You more than likely have internal leakage in the carburetor causing the gas to leak from the shafts. A worn shaft would not do this on it's own. Worn shafts can cause air leakage and idle issues but not fuel leaks, especially with the car running, unless there is massive internal leakage from bad gaskets or high/stuck floats. Also, the primary shaft is where most wear is found because it it used every time the car is driven; the secondary shaft is not used very often and should be in good shape. Try to do some investigating on internal fuel leakage to get a better handle on the problem. The AFB is a simple carb and It may be a simple fix. I've been doing carbs for many years, good luck wit the issue...

Back