Counterfeit "Vintage" 1941 Hubcaps

I followed an Ebay thread from a Team Buick Community Newsletter to purchase a set of "Vintage 1941-48 Buick Century/Special/Super/Roadmaster Hubcaps", Ebay item #121781286873, whick looked very good in the photo on the Team Buick Community newsletter page. However the letters on the caps were merely transformations of the letter "B", which is first, a major counterfeiting mistake, and second, an admitted mistake on my part for not noticing them in the photo. The identity of the person who sold them is ************@****.***, whom I have contacted three times by email with no response from that party.
I also made the mistake of buying them through Ebay as a guest user rather than registering, so there is no recourse to me for Ebay to step in to help resolve the issue. Buyer beware is all I can say. Hopefully, this note can prevent others from making the same mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those hubcaps were probably sold new by Western Auto or some other parts store .
They had hubcaps for all brands of cars. But the logos, emblems , names were fudged purposely to avoid trademark infringement

Did you pay with PayPal?

It is too late to do anything now as you have 180 days after the transaction to open a dispute, but if you paid with PayPal and cannot get satisfaction from the seller you can open a dispute with PayPal and if they support your claim they will refund your money and deduct it from the seller's account. This applies whether you purchased on eBay or any other site.

Back