Dynaflow Reverse

considering this is a "common issue" on these bad boys would just like insight. the reverse band pawl is failing, is this something I can take off the pan and it will be right there to fix, and how much do I adjust it? thanks, PS I checked fluid level, linkage and all mounts, I feel its this since I haven't adjusted it at all in the 8 months of owning it and there was a "klunk" sound when I put it into reverse 4 days ago and has been very weak since and then now(today) is another neutral gear.

thanks matt

The only one I have ever done is a '52. I adjusted it before I put the body on through an access on the top passenger side. It seemed to me the only way to adjust it with the body on was to cut a hole in the floor. This would probably apply to '51s also, and maybe others.
You don't mention what you are working on other than a dynaflow.
There are many chassis manuals in the reference section, and yours is probably there.
The '52 manual suggests that you are starting in a good place, though there could be other causes.

I am going to assume since your signature is nightmare62 your talking about a '62 Buick Vehicle. Is it a Skylark, midsize, or a Full size car as the Special/Skylark will say Dynaflow on the rear of the housing.
IF it is a full size vehicle most common is the reverse strut falls out of place. It can be restored into it's proper location/position with the trans. in the car, BUT it's a PIA even IF you know what your doing.
Best is to get a chassis manual. Once back in place the band needs to be adjusted.
ALL explained in the chassis manual.

Tom T.

I am going to assume since your signature is nightmare62 your talking about a '62 Buick Vehicle. Is it a Skylark, midsize, or a Full size car as the Special/Skylark will say Dynaflow on the rear of the housing.
IF it is a full size vehicle most common is the reverse strut falls out of place. It can be restored into it's proper location/position with the trans. in the car, BUT it's a PIA even IF you know what your doing.
Best is to get a chassis manual. Once back in place the band needs to be adjusted.
ALL explained in the chassis manual.

Tom T.
thanks tom, its a 62 invicta, i have the chassis manual thank you very much! im tiered of pushing the car.

Back