Floor jacks?

I need a new jack.

I have a small 2 ton floor jack, that doesn't work so good on my 49 Super. There is so much suspension travel that I can lift on the frame to my jacks limit and the wheel is still not off the ground.

Should I get a bigger floor jack with more extension, a big 'bottle'' jack or something else?

( The small jack worked great with my Mini Cooper:D )

I expect you jack you had was one of the real small ones. You probably just need a larger one with a little more power and a good bit more lift.:)

Jack

I have a motorcycle jack that works well it slides in right under the frame or bumper and has rubber on the two runners, takes it right up! They are pretty cheap now ~T~

SUV Jack

Leaf Fan-
Just go to Northern and pick up a 3.5 ton SUV Jack. I use on for picking up everything. You get a few more inches of lift, and I feel better having excess lift capacity. I think we paid around $80 - $100.

Thanks for all the replies. I just ordered a 3 ton SUV jack from Sears.com $59.99 .... I'll pick it up on my way home from work.

It'll lift up to 21". That should do the trick!

Sears Floor Jack

:waving: Hey There MN_LEAF_FAN

Sears Floor Jack Works For Me.

21 inch Lift for 60 bucks. Good Value :thumbsup:

It is HEAVY about 100 lbs.

Just make sure the jack is on solid level ground when lifting something that high like when you grab the rear suspension underneath the pumpkin.

When lifting that high they have a tendency to become Top Heavy and "Flip-Over" which isn't pretty. It has in fact happened to myself

By the way I think they have a short warranty period like 60 to 90 days

Confirm that when you pick it up. If you have any problem during that time frame...Bring it Back.

And again please make sure that you have a good set of jack stands .

Regards,:beers:

Tom Gallagher:shield:

Jack Stands

:waving: Hey Jim

Thanks for the positive reinforcement.:thumbsup:

Also.......

Some Eye Protection will be needed underneath the car.

Dirt, Grease and Rust have a way of obstructing ones vision and you don't want it to be a perminent condition.

Regards,:beers:

Tom Gallagher :shield:

Back