Harmon Kardon Entertainment Package

jslacny

I just purchased a 2007 Lucerne CXL. Unfortunetly, is was not equipped with the upgraded entertainment package (Harmon Kardon system). Is it possible to upgrade my audio system now that is has left the factory? Can order the parts through the dealer parts department and simply plug them in?

Thanks for your help.

ABNSOLUTELY!!!

Look at JL Audio's clean sweep. It uses the factory radio/CD/tape, and uses a different pre-amp, and a 32bit DSP to match the acoustics in car using a microphone in less than 15 seconds.

Only thing visible is a volume control (on which you can place a Buick knob of some sort).

or an old a/d/s 642ix/642csi--which take speaker-level outputs, converting them to pre-amp level. You r factory head unit will still control everything, but you can easily add amps to upgrade the speakers in the stock location.

Really an easy project. Any questions ask me. I've done too many hi-fi installs on old cars. many places will NOT work on them ( i don't know why--they are much more simple to get at than modern ones)

No the dealer will not help you.

use the JL Audio Clean Sweep or Zapco Volume Pre-amp or a hoist of other interface devices.

suggestions: Improve the speakers--the biggest bang for your buck--and use some good H/K classics (I'll bet your buick dealer will have absolutely NO idea what these are-- they are Harman/Kardon CA 260 amps (some of the best SQ-sound-quality-amps made, ever. You'll never find these):

hk260-2.png

Back