Leaking waterpump?

Duco55

Hi All,
At last I started to fill the coolingsystem. It has been 12 years or so since the engine and the waterpump were revised.
After some leakage at pipe joints (simple) a more serieus leaking started. It dripped fast from the corner of the oil pan and came from the waterpump. I think from the front, but I am not sure.
Am I to hopefull in thinking that the seals will swell and it will stop by it self? Or should I be prepared to strip and overhaul the pump? ( Which I would really hate).
It is not very easy to fasten some bolts, is it?
Met groet
Duco

pretty sure it is the backplate, not the front. I could turn a few bolts (3) but most of them are not accessable

If it is the back plate, no problem take it off and seal it with some silicon. If it is the front seal, they are common water pump seals which can be matched up at any jet pump service supplier. There are some instructions and images in the 1952 Shop Manual HERE!

Thanks Bob, it is still leaking, so I will have to get it off.
I have the 51 manual inprint, but this seems to provide more info. Thanks. I saw that a new one is about 160. But shipping to europe is expensive.
Oh well. Will start to take it off. Can that be done without removing the radiator?
Bedankt en met groet
Duco

Back