My 1955 Century Coupe about to arrive in driveway any day now...

hugh ness

Guys, after seven and a half months of negotiations including a 54 day ship across the Pacific, I am happy to say the car is just a handful of days from being delivered to our place. From Jacksonville to Shellharbour. I've been staring at a few low res photos for months now hoping that it is at least half as good as it looks in the pictures. Keeping fingers crossed that it will be fine. Could be a party on at our place sometime this week methinks!
$T2eC16R,!zUE9s38+HrmBQc36c6QkQ~~60_3.jpgPlans to change things on it are few in mind. 322 Nailhead, dynaflow. Was restored sometime ago (possibly in the 80's) Was told it runs well, and everything but the wipers work. My intention is just to look the hell after it, because from what I know there are maybe a half dozen of these cars in Australia, and only one other in our national Buick club that I can see. I do forsee a change to disk brakes more or less straight up and a dual m/c. Possibly from Wilwood. Don't want to touch anything else, but brakes to me are the only area I want to have upgraded. Thanks guys! Wish me luck! :bana:

The pictures look GREAT!
:thumbsup:
That is a long time for a little boy to have to wait for his toy:)

Guys, after seven and a half months of negotiations including a 54 day ship across the Pacific, I am happy to say the car is just a handful of days from being delivered to our place. From Jacksonville to Shellharbour. I've been staring at a few low res photos for months now hoping that it is at least half as good as it looks in the pictures. Keeping fingers crossed that it will be fine. Could be a party on at our place sometime this week methinks!
View attachment 3644Plans to change things on it are few in mind. 322 Nailhead, dynaflow. Was restored sometime ago (possibly in the 80's) Was told it runs well, and everything but the wipers work. My intention is just to look the hell after it, because from what I know there are maybe a half dozen of these cars in Australia, and only one other in our national Buick club that I can see. I do forsee a change to disk brakes more or less straight up and a dual m/c. Possibly from Wilwood. Don't want to touch anything else, but brakes to me are the only area I want to have upgraded. Thanks guys! Wish me luck! :bana:
great to see.i have 54 2 door special ,very simular

great to see.i have 54 2 door special ,very simular

Sadly, have since sold it. It arrived with massive rust issues, a bent chassis and was generally a huge disappointment. Was not informed about the rust or the structural damage when bought.
The dangers of buying sight unseen, folks.
Was sold to a panel beater / smash repair guy who reckons he can make something of it. I hope so. It broke my heart to see it arrive in such poor state, and it was such a stunning looking car, and I really miss it.
In hindsight I maybe should have kept it and had a pro repair it, but the costs of getting it back on the road at the time went way beyond my budget.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I don't see how some can be so dishonest about things. Unfortunately these days it all seems to be about the $$$$$.

Tom T.

No worries, Tom. Yesterday, in fact, about 8 months after selling it, I made contact with the buyer and he has told me he ha totally devoted a massive amount of his time into the car. Being the owner of a smash repair shop was a mile easier for him and he says he has now painted it and is expecting the chrome work to arrive this week. He promises to send me some picture of the car shortly and I will post them up for everyone to see. It does have a happy ending, though not the ending I wished. But great to know it is being lovingly restored.
Thanks guys
Peter

Unfortunately you have little or no recourse against the bogus seller. I'm glad that you can look at it the way you are. Even though I live in Ct. I would make a trip to Ca. just to be face to face with the seller to see what he has to say. I must say you are taking it rather well!!!!

Tom T.

What I do when I can't personally take a trip (or it would be impractical) to see a car I hire an appraiser to do it for me. I use a couple of firms with franchises all over the US. They've been real good for me. It costs $300 or so, but it's cheaper than flying!

That's probably the best plan if you can't look at the car personally. I figured there would have to be companies which did that kind of inspections.

Ray

I'm sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation. Were you able to sell it for anywhere near what you had invested in it? Feel free to post as much info as possible about the seller so others don't make the same mistake with this POS.... :shooter:

Back