Removal of 76 trunk lock

Hello. I just joined to today. Hope everyone’s having a fabulous day, I’m having some trouble removing the lock from the trunk of a 76 Skylark, I’ve never done anything like this and it’s been a long drawn out process for 6 years, But I’m trying, I am restoring my grandmas car and I finally ran into a fabulous deal a few weeks ago which has allowed me to start up again and it’s all available for me to do so now, I found a 78 Skylark and it’s all I needed, I’ve been working none stop for 2 weeks and I’m loving every minute of it, Except for the times when it seems like nothing is going smoothly, I don’t have much help so I’m basically relying on You Tube and folks like you all, Thanks in advance for your time.

It would be a good idea to pickup a copy of the Buick Chassis Service Manual and the Fisher Body Service Manual on eBay. They will be worth their weight in gold when hitting a tough repair question. (Body manual in picture is a '75 - my '76 is temporarily lost. You need the '76 edition.)

Good luck on your restoration.

Attachments

• IMG_1516.JPG
    IMG_1516.JPG
    633.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1517.JPG
    IMG_1517.JPG
    619.6 KB · Views: 0
Back