Wildcat Body Mounts

I'm looking for my 67 Wildcat Custom, Body Mounts. Who can help me, where can I get a kit. I can't measure the originals because they're already deformed, so I can't give an exact data! see photos. It should be exactly 28 pieces.IMG_20210217_130811.jpgIMG_20210217_130749.jpgIMG_20210217_130753.jpgIMG_20210217_130738.jpg

I don't know if they make poly, and I would steer away from it anyway. I would be concerned that they would stiffen the mounting and lead to squeaks, and because body mounts are light, they could even stress them to the point of failure.
Here are some body mount kits on ebay: CLICK HERE FOR BUICK BODY MOUNTS

Wildcat body pad HERE at Steel Rubber.

Last edited:
Metro Moulded Parts Inc also manufactures Body Mount Pad Fittings.

Any reason to prefer Steel Rubber over Metro?

I am asking because I need to replace all the seals (window, doors, trunk) and I am about to buy a trunk seal.

Metro Moulded Parts Inc also manufactures Body Mount Pad Fittings.

Any reason to prefer Steel Rubber over Metro?

I am asking because I need to replace all the seals (window, doors, trunk) and I am about to buy a trunk seal.
I just check Steel Rubber website, compared to Metro and that answered my question.

Steel Rubber's seal is twice more expensive but I guess you get what you pay for. Contrary to Metro they provide detailed specs about their product and even an detailed installation how-to and recommendations for glues. I am sold.

Depending on the terminology the vendors use, it may be necessary to order a 24-pc body mount kit and a 4-pc radiator support kit to obtain all 28 items. In old Buick Master Parts books, the body was considered to start at the cowl and continue rearward to the end of the luggage compartment. Body mount positions were numbered 1 through 7 starting at the cowl. The mounts at the very front of the frame for the radiator support were called sheet metal mounts. See attached parts book page.

The Wildcat convertible uses one kit. The closed body cars use another kit. Here is a listing from Classic Buicks showing their BMK-342 kit for closed body cars:

Here is a listing for Old Buick Parts radiator support mount kit CSK644 and individual mounts:

Attachments

• 61009.pdf
    136.8 KB · Views: 5
  • body mounts.pdf
    178 KB · Views: 6
Go to a company called Restoration Specialties. https://www.restorationspecialties.com
I have used them for my mounts. They have a complete catalogue on numerous type mounts, bolts, fasteners, etc Both Steele and Metro are very limited for this sort of thing. Seal / Trim moldings are more their cup of tea. Make sure the mount has the metal set-in washer bonded / vulcanized into the mount itself. Lot of crap from china on eBay so stay clear.

Back