wipers won't shut off- 84 Le Sabre

1976 Electra 225

had to use the wipers tonight, and when I went to turn them off, they would not stop, unless I turn the key off, then they would pull down. I assume it's in the park switch, can these be had thru parts stores?

I do have a wiper motor off of a '82 G body Regal, and I have a couple that came off '76 Le Sabre/ Electra. if I can't find the park switch,would these motors interchange? or, wonder if I could rob the park switch from another motor?

Last edited:
Yes , Yes and Yes . HTH
John
( You made that easy ):D

I used the "easy" button :bgrin:

I looked at the motor off the regal, and the one I had from a '76, and the connectors are different. I lucked out,and found one from another '84 that I had, so, I'll just swap them out, and see what happens. is that park switch available new??

Last edited:
I tested the spare motor for my car that I found, and it was junk.

exactly what does the park switch look like, is it available new, or is there contacts that could be cleaned?

The park switch is part of the W/Wpump assy. and is part of the top housing that bolts onto the W/W motor .
To replace this park and get it timed correctly I turn the W/W wipers on and then turn off the ing. switch ( so the W/Wipers are stopped on the w/shield and not on park ) , if you buy a new part it will come with inst. on how to time unit . Most Auot Parts store have these in stock . Good Luck .
John

The park switch is part of the W/Wpump assy. and is part of the top housing that bolts onto the W/W motor .
To replace this park and get it timed correctly I turn the W/W wipers on and then turn off the ing. switch ( so the W/Wipers are stopped on the w/shield and not on park ) , if you buy a new part it will come with inst. on how to time unit . Most Auot Parts store have these in stock . Good Luck .
John

I checked at a couple places, and they showed me a pulse board,or module (whatever they call it) is this the gizmodoodle I need? if so, that bad motor I have, I could rob the one off it,and save a few buck$

here's a pic:

Last edited:
I looked at it yesterday, and I noticed that the wires had splice connectors already on them. so apparently it was already replaced

I might just go grab one at the boneyard,or get a reman unit

UPDATE: I had to use them tonight, and each time I went to turn them off, they pulled down as they're supposed to. when I used them a week ago, they wouldn't pull down.can't figure this out :confused:

Last edited:
Back