1953 Super Spark Plugs

L Hop

Sorry for the basic question. My manual says use Autolite 44-5 plug - don't find them available anymore, and don't trust sellers' alternatives? What to use? Thanks!

You would collect the spark plug thread, size and heat you want. If u are doing mostly highway driving If I remember correctly it is a colder plug. If lots of city, stop and go, select a hotter plug. After installation you drive the car and remove plugs to check the burn. If it isnt tan you have to change your plug based on your assessment. I have used three different plugs of different brands on my car I rarely drive.

I have found the digital(anything on PC is called AI now) catalog parts stores choices to be the wrong parts.

Thanks for the reply. I got the details of the AC 44-5, and tried to match the data with other plugs, but there were at least a dozen that might apply. Is it that it really doesn't matter that much? I guess I was hoping someone with a 53, 54, or 55 V-8 might have changed plugs recently and let me know what they used.

Back