1955 buick special 264 v8 groove pulley & harmonic balancer

Cany anybody help me ? I'm looking for a 2 grove pulley and harmonic balancer to convert my 1955 Buick special to power steering,I already have the pump and gear box and 2 grove water pump pulley from a 1955 Buick parts car,I need the 2 grove pulley and harmonic balancer to start the job. My engine now is a cone shape single grove pulley with no harmonic balancer on back. It is weird ...I checked a 1955,1956 and 1957 car with power steering and the harmonic balancer is on the back with the 2 grove pulley which attaches to the balancer with 3 bolts..could I use that from those cars, PS could anybody help me,does anybody have one for sale thank you, ROCCO 201-697-6361:hurray:​

Last edited:
A '55/264 did not have a harmonic balancer. I have a source for the balancer & pulley already balanced for the 264. Not inexpensive but there's really no other choice to do it correctly. The wrong balancer will do harm to the mains otherwise.

1955 buick special 264 v8 double grove pulley and harmonic balancer

dear tom, thnx so much for reply back,Do you have a double grove pulley without the harmonic balancer on it, I saw the picture of one,It looks like my single grove pulley,that I have on my car now,but it has 2 groves instead and it looks like a cone shape in back,please call me if you can help me,thnx.ROCCO 973-772-6036 OR 201-697-6361,AGAIN Tnx so much for the reply....:hurray:

Back