1959 364/with tranny in 56 Special?

B

BUICKNAILHEAD

I have a 1959 buick parts car with perfect motor/trans combo in working order. And I Have my 56 buick special minus drive-train. Is it possible to make these two mix? can I maybe use the rear end from the 59 and drive shaft? what can i do?

NAILHEAD

wavey.gif
BuickNailhead,

Although Both the '56 and the doner '59 have Nailheads, Dynaflows and Torque Tubes they would match up preety good except for the fact that the '56 Special has a 122 inch wheel base and the shortest '59 Lesabre/Invicta has a 123 inch wheel base. Where Can You Pick-up the ONE INCH Difference, You will have to measure Twice from the Axle to the Motor Mounts and see what You come up with. The Frame between the vehicle are different but the Drivetrain appears to be pretty compatable, but when you start switching stuff around, I don't think You have easy Bolt-In.
With a Later Open Drive-Shaft System, any Difference in Lenght could be made up by determining the proper lenght of the driveshaft to make a proper fit.
I know that I haven't Answered You Question, but unless there is someone in the Buick Community who has made this type of Swap, You will need some pretty precise accurate measurements to make this transition Do-able.

I wish You the Best of Luck with Your Project.
Please. Let Us Know the Outcome.

thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
beers.gif
clonk.gif
smash.gif

Tom Gallagher
shield.gif

Back