1966 Rochester 2 Barrel

DaneAmerica

I'm hoping someone here can help me identify what plugs into this tube here above the butterfly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230907_102654_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20230907_102654_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 15
Dane,

It's the fresh air supply for the hot air choke.
It goes down to the bottom of the exhaust manifold & that tube has a hose attached to it about an inch at the carb.
Then runs down to the bottom of the exhaust manifold to hook up to the tube running through the manifold & another metal tube connects it to the hot air portion of the choke housing.

Understand.

In other words makes a complete loop from the top to the choke housing.

Tom T.

Understood! I get it now. Thank you sir!

I wish I could see a picture of original tube routing...

I'll use my imagination.

Any recommendation to source appropriate tubing? I am thinking copper refridgeration tubing at home depot might work.

As long as it's 1/4" OD
Would be better if used the newer copper type brake/fuel line as it's stiffer.
Have you even looked at the manifold & where the tube protrudes on each end.???

Tom T.

Can anyone attach their image for same setup but on a 4GC? I have this similar line missing but waiting to get a close-up example like this. This picture was enlightening. Thanks.

On a separate topic DaneAmerica you should consider metal tabs for the rocker cover bolts, they would spread the clamp down and reduce leaks. Right Stuff sealant is good, but you need to clean both sides well, and removing for repairs in the future might be difficult. The valve covers probably need to be straightened out at the bolts if you don't get the pricey aluminum offenhauser ones. I can see the oil leaking on to your exhaust. I used to brag about never having an engine fire and one day it happened to me with less oil than I see here on your engine.

There was a lot of smoke from the oil on the exhaust. Since this pic, I hammered out both sides flat and reinstalled with studs and metal tabs. No more oil leak!... from the valve covers lol

Back