1970 gs 455 JUNK YARD

sbf289

Hello
I was at a salvage yard today and i stumbled upon a 1970 gs 455 all original. It has a bench seat automatic.Now for the bad the frame was rotted and needed quarter panels and rockers. What would the value of that be. I can post pictures.
Thanks

all depends on what parts are left on it, that is where the value is. Hood, air cleaner, fan shroud, motor mounts, tach and gauges, rear end (if posi and not all crusty), engine and transmission (if not frozen), etc. Probably more expensive to save and restore than what it would be worth done, that is why it is still in the junk yard.

Lime Mist car!!! What a shame.:sad: Looks rough but like CJP said,it's just so expensive to save something that rough.I'd grab the fan shroud,air cleaner & hood at the very least.

I have seen far worse cars than this brought back to life. IMO, this one is just too complete to make a parts car out of it. Does it have any body damage apart from the rust?

Ray

I am going to take a closer look at it this week. What are the "bad spots" i should look for? What were production numbers for a lime mist car? I haven't seen many this color.
Thanks

Last edited:
those are 71 hood scoops...hard to find ane wortha good buck!!, I see disc brakes ,no gauges,non a/c car ,hows the floors and trunk ?:car:

Are you sure it is a 70? I would guess its a 71 based on the hood, steering wheel, seats, color, etc.

Back