'38 lowering Springs

Jenz38

I had just read the other Topic for the right height of a `52.
I wanna lower my `38 (since Years) for nearly 2",by ONLY other Springs.
I know from the Fatman 2,5"dropped Spindles,but it's not a Option for me.
Have Anybody an Idea or experience for what for OEM Springs from another Make/Model will match in my '38?
(please remember: '38 was the first Year with Coil Springs in the rear.)
The`69 El Camino Springs May be,like for the '52 ? like in the other Topic ??
Any Suggestions would be nice.

Thank's ahead

Last edited:
This I want to know as well. I sent Eaton an e-mail to see what they offer. 2-3 inches would be nice.

I got a pair from Eaton. 2" lowered front and back, the rear was a bit lower than I liked so I put a block in to raise it up a bit. That was maybe 3 years ago springs have not set much. Can't lower the front much the grill chin hangs down pretty far.
1g.jpg

I got a pair from Eaton. 2" lowered front and back, the rear was a bit lower than I liked so I put a block in to raise it up a bit. That was maybe 3 years ago springs have not set much. Can't lower the front much the grill chin hangs down pretty far.

Did lowering it 2" (with springs) effect the steering?

Of coarse you have to check the alignment. But other than that the car rides nice, handles good, runs straight, steers easy at slow and highway speeds. I have radial tires on my car and can still back it into it's spot in the garage with the spinner knob.

Spud,
Thats also good, thanks for that.
What do you have paid for your Springs? Eaton have no Prices on theyr Site ?

Prost !! :waving:

Jenz38 I found the price on Eatons web site. Here is the price Front $239.95 Rear $159.95 plus $30.00 a pair for lowered or lifted. Or if you want to see for yourself click on ordering, scroll down to complete automotive applications price list, scroll down to Buick.

Have a good day Spud

Back