'38 Special dynaflash cast# identify

Jenz38

Hi Guys, Ive got an offer for Gearbox what Im lookin for , the Cast # on my Box is 1301637-4, the offered Box is the same instead of the last -4 is there a -2. Anybody can tell me the different ? Its only from another Plant i think,thats right ? Thanks ahead for a quick reply.

Jens,
It needs to be from a 38 Special to it your bellhousing properly. If it's from a 37 Special you will need the 37 bellhousing too.

I have always thought the "-x" was month or some batch number. I have several '39 castings with different "-x" numbers but same casting number

The casting number is not the part number. It can be, but is usally not the part number (after the casting is machined)

I have always thought the "-x" was month or some batch number. I have several '39 castings with different "-x" numbers but same casting number

The casting number is not the part number. It can be, but is usally not the part number (after the casting is machined)

Thanks,39Buick,
Yes I think so too,the last Sign behind the -is for a Date or something like that.
Somebody know where and what is the Important # on the Box ,so that i feel save that it'll be similar to my One ?

Thanks Guys

Last edited:
Back