401/425 Nailhead 2x4 intakes

nailT

Havin' a hell of a time hunting down a dual four barrel cast iron intake. I can get a new Offy from Summit/Jeg's but i've heard they aren't worth a darn. I've found a couple of Eelco's. Are they worth pursuing?.

When I wasn't looking for the intake I was tripping all over them on the web....now that i'm looking, bubkiss.

There are a lot of original cast iron intakes on ebay. They are in demand. prices have been $300-$550.
Forget the Offy. It flows worse than the originals.
The EELCO is a good one. Design is based on the old Edelbrock. It is higher than a stock 2x4, could be an issue depending on what you are installing it in.

There are a lot of original cast iron intakes on ebay. They are in demand. prices have been $300-$550.
Forget the Offy. It flows worse than the originals.
The EELCO is a good one. Design is based on the old Edelbrock. It is higher than a stock 2x4, could be an issue depending on what you are installing it in.

Thanks for your response.
What kind of price should I be looking at for a cast iron intake and two carbs that need to be redone?.

I've seen an intake with two carbs that have been redone for $1,150 but have no idea on one that needs to be redone.

Thanks again.

Thanks for your response.
What kind of price should I be looking at for a cast iron intake and two carbs that need to be redone?.

I've seen an intake with two carbs that have been redone for $1,150 but have no idea on one that needs to be redone.

Thanks again.

A set of carbs....at least $300 + rebuild costs.
I used a pair of aftermarket Carter AFB comp series 500's that were about $250 new in 1982. Close to $500 now from Edelbrock.

If you can DIY, a pair of 1965 #3921's (single 4 bbl) carbs could be bought and be made to work for considerably less.
It just depends if you want a setup that is numbers matching, show-car-correct, or just something that will work okay.
Is this going on a hot rod or a restoration?

Hi, I have a nailhead 2x4 manifold with 2 original Carter AFB's (#3645 and #3646). Nice looking original condition. Very little corrosion, not weathered. Manifold casting #B1357106L was for 1964, 425 Buick. Carbs were for 64-65 (info source Team Buick site). I was thinking of using it on my 65 Riviera, but changed my mind. Sticking with the one 4bbl. Willing to sell for the right price. I'll try to add some photos. I'm in central Texas. All carb butterflys work easily and accelerator pumps go up and down.
byoung16:at:austin.rr.com

Attachments

• IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I`ll sell one and the Car too...30,000 mile solid black 1966 GS Riviera used by GM for show purposes last year....waltpuffer@aol.com

DSC00005-1.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

Just as GM returned it fron the show

DSC00003.jpg

Hi, I have a nailhead 2x4 manifold with 2 original Carter AFB's (#3645 and #3646). Nice looking original condition. Very little corrosion, not weathered. Manifold casting #B1357106L was for 1964, 425 Buick. Carbs were for 64-65 (info source Team Buick site). I was thinking of using it on my 65 Riviera, but changed my mind. Sticking with the one 4bbl. Willing to sell for the right price. I'll try to add some photos. I'm in central Texas. All carb butterflys work easily and accelerator pumps go up and down.

I have sent you an e-mail. Thanks for taking the time to post.

dual quad intake

byoung, is this set-up still for sale? IF so what are you looking for it?
Steve

dual quad air cleaner

I have a factory dual quad air cleaner in decent shape less the two spouts or air intakes. I am told that some of the Chevy aftermarket people have the spouts/air intakes. Decent Chrome but would need to be re-chromed for show. $200.00 plus shipping.

gggholson@comcast.net for pictures.

gary

I have a factory dual quad air cleaner in decent shape less the two spouts or air intakes. I am told that some of the Chevy aftermarket people have the spouts/air intakes. Decent Chrome but would need to be re-chromed for show. $200.00 plus shipping.

gggholson@comcast.net for pictures.

gary

I have a manifold in good shape. I will take $500 for it. Shoot me a PM if you want it.

2x4 intake

Hello,

Do you still have the 2x4 intake and carbs for sale? And, How much are you looking to get?

Thanks

Dave

Yes, I do still have the 2x4 setup. For $1200.00, I'd be willing to let it go. The cost of shipping and insurance would need to be added unless you pick them up.

Thanks, Bill

Hello,

Do you still have the 2x4 intake and carbs for sale? And, How much are you looking to get?

Thanks

Dave

did buick make a 1963 riviera with 2X4 's ????

Did Buick make a 1963 riviera with 2X4 's ????
Thanks

Back