425 nailhead

D

dbow

I recenly acquired a 63 225 with a 425 nailhead which has an intake that supports 2 4 bbl carbs ( which were missing when i got the beauty ) is this a factory set up, if so is it a common one? Please help , none of my fellow Buickians are familiar with this set up

No, it is not common and a good score even without the carbs. It was available from the factory or as a dealer installed option.

It might be a good idea to check the engine production code number stamped on the front of the block to see which engine you have. The codes are listed on this site under the 'Identify Your Buick Engine' tab on the Shop page. The engine serial number stamped nearby will match the VIN if the car has the engine in it that came from the factory.

The 425 was introduced after the start of the 63 model year going by a 12/5/62 service bulletin. It was optional on the Wildcats and Rivieras. For 63, the 425 came with a single 4 bbl carb. The 2-4bbl setup came along on the 64 models.

any recomendations as to a replacement carb setup for my 425 nailhead holley, carter, rochester, etc.

Back