65 Wildcat Dash Lights

B

buickbonehead

I've checked all bulbs, fuses and light switch but the dash lights don't want to work nor does the Tach light (does the Tach have a light?)in the console. Any suggestions on where to go next and how to deal with this "printed circut". The dash turn signal lights work. The high beam light indicator works occasionally. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Just a thought, but did you rotate the knob all the way clockwise? It might just be in the dimmed position.

Tried that too. Good comment based upon my name though. LOL

There is a light for the tach in the console as well as one for the shift indicator. These are on the gray wire feed from the dimmer knob. The gray wire feeds all the other instrument cluster illumination lamps as well.

Looks like the next thing to do is use a test lamp or voltmeter to find out where the power gets lost. There is nothing obvious in the wiring diagram that you haven't already checked. If you need a copy, I can send you the one from the shop manual.

Thanks Todd. I have a wiring diagram. I just need to slow down. I got to the printed circut and freaked out. You're right, I need to break out the test light and take a slow systematic approach, as I should with all things electrical.

Back