65 wildcat seatcovers

S

snorlax

Does anyone know of a source for original style upholstery kits? My '65 wildcat could use a set.

Hello.
You did not say if your car is a two or four door, hardtop, sedan or convertible. This makes a difference in what will fit your car. You also did not say what materials you have. If your car is a sedan (2 or 4 door) you could have either vinyl or a cloth/vinyl combination. If your car is a hardtop, the 4 door could have either combination, but the 2 door with bucket seats could have only vinyl. The vinyl inserts were dielectrically sealed (heat pressed), so you should look for that when you are shopping for seat upholstery. There are places on the internet that can make the proper upholstery for your car. Try searching for auto upholstery and see what you get. Let me know if I can help you with any other upholstery questions.
Best Regards,
Ron

You're right, I should have been more specific. My car is a 466375 series 2 door hardtop with bucket seats. The seats, doorpanels, and headliner are all white and the dash, steering column, carpet, and console are black. Does this color combination seem to be correct?

Hello. The color combination is correct. The seat inserts should be heat pressed. The correct grain for the vinyl is Madrid. You should also have a 1 1/4" heat pressed rear panel on the front seat backrests. The piping between the inserts and the outer vinyl should be slightly smaller than the piping that goes around the perimeter of the seats. I hope this helps you find the correct upholstery for your car.
Best regards,
Ron

You've described exactly what's there right now except for the split seams and cigarette burns.(ha!) I can't seem to locate them in reproduction anywhere. I took your advice and did a little searching on the web. I have sent requests to a couple of upholstery suppliers to see if they could make up a set and I'm still waiting to get replies.

snorlax,
When searching for Buick stuff, I would encourage you to search through the 'Buicks.net Web Site Database' first.

Back