'75 350 to '76 skylark 231 help!!!

P

Petty

i have a 75 le sabre with a 350 that is my every day car. I found a 76 skylark that has a 231 v6 with a cracked block for $100 with a brand new starter. then a light bulb clicked on. buy that and drop my 350 in there. my lesabre is HUGE and the skylark is half the size. i have not bought the skylark due to the fact that i dont know how many modifacations and how much money i need to do. i am almost positive the sky has a turbo350 tranny, i just need to know if the motor mounts are in the same place, if the radiator is big enough, etc... please help me. i have a friend with a 75 nova and i cant seem to bet him with my land yaht and if he got beat by a stock 350 buick, i would die a happy man.

I'm pretty sure that a Buick 350 is a buick 350, I don't think they were specialized for each model of car. I pulled a 6 cylinder out of my car and found a buick 350 of the same year. I had no problems with engine mounds space for my rad. I hope you beat that Nova, My friend has a 74 and they're so damn light that they just take off.

I have a 77 Skylark with the 231 v6 and I am thinking of doing the same thing. Keep us posted on how it goes, I am glad to hear the engine mounts crossed over, I really would like a 350 since there is so much more avaialable for them and I not looking to go radical with it just would like a good solid motor that easy to get parts and some mods.

So how has the transformation been going? Have you had any problems with the install?

Back