!964 buick skylark

O

oldiebutgoodie

Hello, wondering if anyone knows any information on swapping out engine, for a chevy engine. I have a wildcat 310 and was wondering about a 383 or 454...My first thought was why not a 455 but talking to some friends they stated that if it was possible, performance wise, the chevy would be the way to go. As far as sooping a 455 up, they were thinking money wise and what i want out of it i might as well go chevy. If anyone knows anyone that did a swap like that or themselves, could you help me as far as, do i need to remove and reweld the frame mounts stuff like that.
thanks
chris

I would recomend staying with a Buick engine. There are a number of sources for performance parts. I prefer the 340 motor. Granted it's a little harder to find certain parts for, but it's a bolt in. Look for an early 350 as another option. The 300, 340, and 350 share a good amount of parts between the three, such as radiator hoses, motor mounts, front timing covers, etc. There are quite a few small block Buicks out there that are pushing good numbers at the track.

Thanks, most likely I'll probably go the 350 route and stroke that out.

Back