Airbag Light On - LeSabre

IndyBuick

I drove my car for the first time in about two weeks and the airbag light blinks 7 times and then stays on the whole time the car is running. I shut down and restarted several times, same thing. I checked the fuses under the dash and they looked fine. The car recently got a new crankshaft sensor (among other co$tly repairs).

Please email me at ripplebrat@aol.com if you have any ideas or suggestions. So much for LeSabre being a reliable car.

Thanks!

Can't let this pass, I have 2 LeSabres, a 92 and a 93. I have put 160K on the 92 and 30K of the 180K on the 93. I do my own mechanical work so I have very little labor cost involved in repairs, but I doubt if I have spent $800 on parts for both cars. I replaced on the92- a crank sensor, 3 water pumps and 3 sets of front brakes (the rear are original) and 2 alternators since April of 93. On the 93 I replaced a water pump since April of 2001. They are the most reliable cars I have ever owned, and I have owned and driven over 100 different cars since 1962.

Hi,

I love my LeSabre, it's my second Buick and fourth car. I think the problem I am having is with the repair shop fixing the wrong things. (The air bag light is on because an animal chewed through the wires under the hood.) I will stick with Buick because I think they are great cars. I just read an article online about how LeSabre is consistantly one of the most trouble free cars in its class. I've heard they last a good 250K if they are cared for.

Thanks for the reply.

Back