Any ideas 2?

Dale,
Thank you for your input. I have placed a "Support this site" button at the top of each forum, and renamed this forum to imply money is needed!

My address is Robert Cull, Box 400, Porthill, Idaho, 83853

You can read more about the background of this site at http://www.buicks.net/info.html

Bob

Bob; I would like to help. I will send a $50 donation and see what the rest of the Buick oweners can do. Your sight is the best I have seen for Buicks. There is a Pontiac sight that is very simular; however I do not rember the name and it is no longer on my favorites since I sold my 66 2+2. Tri searching the Pontiac sites and see what they are doing to draw in revenue to maintain their site. Don't shut down if you can avoid it, there isn't much out there for Buicks as Pontiac, Chevy and Cadillac.

------------------

NailheadRiv
66 Riviera

As you have probably noticed, I have placed a plea for help on a banner on the front page. I have also added a monthly cost goal link. They go to different payboxs. We will see if either attracts any help. I think the goal chart one is kind of nice, but should probably be at the top of the page somewhere?

What do you think?

Bob; It works great; It was a painless effort to donate $50.00 through Amazon. I also found that Pontiac web site; it is:
//www.classicalpontiac.com/alpontiac.com

Hope it helps,

------------------

NailheadRiv
66 Riviera

Bob,
A money order is on it's way.
Dale

------------------
1970 Riviera
1996 LeSabre
And many Buicks in the past.
I think I am, therefore I am. I think.
(George Carlin)

Thanks a lot guys! If this site stops costing me money, I am going to be much more interested in developing it. And while TODD seems to have every Buick reference at his fingertips, I will attempt to aquire more reference material too.

You've made this week good.

I'm sending you some money too. I grew up a Chevy guy, but recently inherited a 69 skylark and it isn't as easy to find stuff for Buick 350s as it is for a chevy. Thanks to this site, I have a resource now. Keep up the good work and keep this site going.....

Brad Asche
Tulsa, OK
1969 Buick Skylark (restoring)
1970 Chevy C10 Shortwide (future project)
1971 Chevy Monte Carlo (future project)....

Your support has been appreciated. Within' the next couple of months, the site is going to have to increase it's server size which will cost another $25.00 per month. What do you think of that paypal "goal chart" that I placed on the front page. No one has clicked it yet, but I thought it looked good. Perhaps if we can get the web board upgrade finished (top of the page), perhaps we should put the goal chart there?

Bob, if you can think of any means for the library I have to generate income for the site, I would be willing. I have thought about asking those who receive info packs of scanned/faxed/mailed data for a site donation after they receive the help. Some have told me shop manual pages have literally saved them a lot of money. With others, it gives them a sense of confidence and mastery to just understand how the car is built. They sometimes have to take it in anyway for repairs that are beyond their skill level.

Included are 95% of the shop manuals and body manuals from 1934-2001, 100% of the radio diagrams/service info from the late 30s-early 80s, a fairly good set of parts manuals from 1928-2001, the floppy disk catalogs Buick sent out to prospective buyers in the late 80s, a bunch of dealer showroom brochures from 1961-2001, dealer albums for 1989-90-92-93, paint chips for 1955-59 with some later ones, most service bulletin manuals from 1941-74, tons of MOTOR and Chilton's repair and flat rate manuals from 1936-86, an array of Buick Flat Rate manuals 1942-66, some NADA and Kelley Blue Book Used Car Value Guides 1950-present, AACA Magazine 'Antique Automobile' from 1966 to present, Cars & Parts magazine from 1979 to present, Consumer Reports Buying Guides from 1966 to present, a hodgepodge of other GM/Ford/Packard shop manuals from 1948 to 86, Buick Know-How dealership mechanic training manuals, GM training manuals (mostly Chevy) on transmissions, engines, transmissions, A/C, brakes, wipers, electrical systems.

About $2500. has been invested in the last 18 months to bulk up on Buick-only items. Not all of it is in pristine condition, but it is usable. This many printed Buick resources may not all be together in very many places. Dealerships won't keep the oldest stuff, clubs won't have the newest things yet, the factory (if it has all this stuff) doesn't offer a channel to help those in our audience. Input from any other readers is welcome as well.

Todd,

Needless to say, you and your library are a tremendous asset to this site!!! There would be nothing wrong with suggesting they consider a support payment, though I don't know if many would come through.

I notice our "classifieds" gets quite a bit of traffic, and frequently ads are deleted. I think it is safe to assume that those people have sold their items. One person even gave us a great big thankyou for selling his $35,000 car within days of posting it, but no donation! Whenever someone deletes an ad, they are asked to support the site and presented with a button similar to the ones at the top and bottom of these pages.

While reading your posting, I was wondering if at least all the moderators were to edit thier profiles and modify their "signatures" to request site support. I have modified my signature to reflect this idea and notice that in order for it to be displayed I have to remember to click on the "Show Signature" under the "Reply" window when making a posting.

If any moderators would like to try adding the code to their signatures, click here for a copy and past code. It will open a new window with the code in it.

------------------
Support this site, CLICK HERE!

I am new to this site and was glad to assist with a donation; however I am a little dissapointed with the zero responce I have received on a couple of questions I have posted for my 66 Riviera. One was on the drive shaft and I did receive a responce to it. The other two were for custom tires and wheels and if a right side view mirror was available for the 66 Riviera. As i mentioned before your site appears a well as others and I hope it will remain available. I work for the FAA and when I travel out of town sites like this become hotel room enterainment. Keep up the exchange of ideas; I believe the site will make it. I mentioned the Pontiac site in an other posting and have revisited that site since. I beleive they have Ames as a sponcer. May up front fees for classifieds would work if the fees were reasionable. The site does specialize Buick and may be worth it for those who have Buicks and parts for sale.

Thanks for hearing me

------------------

NailheadRiv
66 Riviera

Where did everyone go? No one has talked on this subject since 11/27. Its up to Buick oweners to help keep a site that works for our Buicks. Don't quit now; lets get the money meeter going.

------------------

NailheadRiv
66 Riviera

I did my part
smile.gif

------------------
Jim North
1971 Skylark Convertible
1971 Chevelle Convertible
My lame website

Back