Body Number Plate Conformity

NoYahoo

I have a 1968 Skylark Custom Convertible project that Im working on.. The Body tag shows a paint code of T2.

According to the identificaton information in the paint codes section T would mean the lower body is Desert Beige.

But the reference for the second number indicates that there should be an R or a C. This car's tag has a 2. So it doesn't line up with the reference. Everything else does seem to correlate. Any help I could get on this would be appreciated.

I attached a picture as proof I'm not off in the weeds.

One other item just as an FYI. The color reference for the second digit says:

R is a white vinyl or convertible top.
C is a black vinyl or convertible top.
eg: RC = Scarlet Red with a Arctic White top

But if C represents a Black vinyl or convertible top then clearly RC would mean Scarlet Red with a Black vinyl top. So someone might want to update the reference.

Thanks for Any help you can muster:)20231115_155037.jpg

Fixed the RC problem, thanks.

If you look at the codes for '67, it uses the 1 and 2 for Black and White tops. And in '67 T is Ivory. I wonder if your car could be early enough that, for some reason it used '67 paint codes. Are you able to identify the original color as Ivory or Desert Beige?

Fixed the RC problem, thanks.

If you look at the codes for '67, it uses the 1 and 2 for Black and White tops. And in '67 T is Ivory. I wonder if your car could be early enough that, for some reason it used '67 paint codes. Are you able to identify the original color as Ivory or Desert Beige?
Yes, the T in my "T2" paint code indicates the car was desert beige and looking around the edges I would say that was the original color. So if your theory is correct then it would have been a desert beige with black convertible top.

The car was production number 154 produced in the Baltimore plant so probably in the first 20% produced.

Back