Brake Shoes for 50 special?

I don't think you will find any new number. the shoes are 12 inch diameter and 1 3/4 wide,and noone uses that size anymore. Check with CARS in New Jersey,or Bobs automobilia in California

Some of the larger brake outfits do their own bonding. If you phone around, you may find someone who will bond new linings on your old shoes.

Thanks for your help. I found a vintage supply place here in Phoenix with a pair on their shelf (So they say!!) and then I'll get the old ones relined.

I live in Tucson, AZ - I would love to know the name of that shop in Phoenix. I'm looking for rear brakes for my '54.

Arizona Vintage Parts 3120 W. Grand Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85017 (602) 495-1800. He sells Vintage caddy parts but has a pretty good selection of other stuff. But if he says he has it that day you'd better be there that day. He sold the one set of shoes for my '50 before before I got there a couple of days later!! Are your brake shoes 12 1/2x 2? try NAPA TS197's or Autozone AL197's I think they're the right ones for you...

I ended up getting mine relined by Arizona Brake and clutch. They had them done in 24 hours.

Mark

Back