Carbs and linkage for a 2x4 nail

nailT

Has anybody used Edelbrock progressive linkage on their dual quad nail setups?. Are they any good?, do they have good adjustability?.

Also, is using a 650cfm Edelbrock carb for the primary and a 500cfm Edelbrock as the secondary, is that too much?. I seem to be getting answers both ways.

Thanks

Buick used two 625 AFB's from the factory. You might check with Eelco for linkage. I have a friend in Arkansas who is running two 9000 Series Competition 750 cfm AFB's on his '64 425. He says the engine loves them.

Thanks guys. 2 - 650's it is.

Any preference on linkage?. I see Offy and Edelbrock both have a "universal" linkage. Having never had either in my hands I can't tell which would be the best to go with....or any other brand.

Thanks again.

How 'bout the linkage you see in my profile. This is the Edelbrock linkage kit 7094. Those are 650 Edelbrock AVS's.

They work great! The only trouble I had was with the Weiand 2x4 intake which spaces the carbs so far apart the rods would need to be longer.

Erik

How 'bout the linkage you see in my profile. This is the Edelbrock linkage kit 7094. Those are 650 Edelbrock AVS's.

They work great! The only trouble I had was with the Weiand 2x4 intake which spaces the carbs so far apart the rods would need to be longer.

Erik

That looks like the ticket....but do you know what the difference in spacing is on thw Weiand and a production cast iron manifold, if any?. I guess I can shorten rods or make longer one's if necessary.

If you don't mind me asking, is that nail in your sig a stocker?

I am using an Eelco intake manifold that you see in my profile photo. This one is closer together like the Edelbrock B262. I don't have the dimension but here you can see a comparison between the two in this photo. The one on the left is the Weiand, the one on the right is the Edelbrock. Which intake are you using?

To answer your question, No. It's a moderate build. I dyno tested 2x4 intakes and Tom Telesco roller rockers and Sanderson headers. You can read about it here:
http://v8buick.com/showthread.php?t=115156&highlight=2x4+flow

Get yourself your favorite beverage in your hand (or several) and sit down for a while and read to your hearts content. Caution: It turned into a novel!

Cheers!
Erik

Attachments

• weibrock.jpg
    weibrock.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 6
I will tear into that link tonight. I really appreciate the information.

Holy cripes. I couldn't open any of the pics/graphs but it was apparent you didn't skimp. Good on ya and thanks for a wealth of information:thumbsup:.

I've been playing pm/phone tag with Tom as well as posting here and I do believe i'll have all my questions answered.

Thanks a ton!!!.

Last edited:
I know the stock manifold carb spacing is a little farther apart than the Eelco and the Edelbrock.

Honestly, I can't speak for the spacing difference between the Weiand and a stocker. I might be wrong, but I think the Weiand has the farthest spacing of all.

Back