cooler

Buick boy

To anyone running a dynaflow: is the tranny cooler adiquate enough? is there a better solution? and how can I fill the torque converter without pulling the flex plate off and taking the engine out?

BB

The water cooled tranny cooler is ok as is, however, it will not cool the fluid any cooler than the coolant temp, so, if the coolant temp gets way hot, so is the trans temp. An alternate idea is to run lines to a air cooled trans cooler mounted up front of the radiator. How much cooler or hoter it will run I don't know, putting a temp guage on it and trying it both ways would be intresting. Don't worry about trying to fill the converter, it would be about impossiable any way you try it. Just put 2-3 quarts in, fire it up, and the converter will slurp it up, like NOW!, have 4-3 more quarts handy and start dumpin it in, I think a dry trans takes about 8 quarts. Also, a very good idea is to have a quart of trans leak stop/conditioner handy, put it in half way through. These trans are not the tightest trans around, and they will leak, having the leak stop in there sort of permant keeps 'em pretty dry. alleycat

Back