Deck height ?

Saltracer I'm pretty sure if we add the compression height of 2.312", the rod length center to center 8.250", and 1/2 of the stroke 2.156" It would be pretty close to the block height center of crank to the deck. 12.718"

Saltracer I'm pretty sure if we add the compression height of 2.312", the rod length center to center 8.250", and 1/2 of the stroke 2.156" It would be pretty close to the block height center of crank to the deck. 12.718"

Thanks Charley, but I was also wanting to know how far if any, the stock piston was below the deck,

Again............thanks for the reply

I knew that was just a ballpark figure. One of the contributors to this site is a young man "36 Century". He races 320" motors,his family owns a machine shop in Arizona I think. If anyone could give you precise mesurment it would be him. Look at the #345 entry. Im going to pull my 320" this winter and put in a 300" Ford 6 and a aod transmission. local Pull-It-Yourself auto parts yards sell any engine $200 and any trans mission $100. I can't fight the parts availibity and cost of a rebuild on the stock motor.

Back