distributor info ?

saltracer

Are the dimentions on all Nailhead distributor the same? and do they all use the same distributor gear?

It's the distance from the mounting flange to the top (or bottom) of the gears that I am interested in.

Thanks

If you look in the reference guide of this site you will find the 364,401 and 425 distrurator all interchangeable. This site has alot of info in it so I would tell you to poke around in it and you will learn alot about our beloved Buicks.:shield:

ALL "Nail" distributors interchange. The drive gears are all the same size. Only exception is that '53-'55 had steel cams so the dizzy gears were steel. Later from '56-'66 cast cams were used & had cast gears. They CANNOT be interchanged. Although you could use a '57-'66 windowed dizzy in a '53-'55 if you changed the gear from the original earlier dizzy. Understand????

Tom T.

ALL "Nail" distributors interchange. The drive gears are all the same size. Only exception is that '53-'55 had steel cams so the dizzy gears were steel. Later from '56-'66 cast cams were used & had cast gears. They CANNOT be interchanged. Although you could use a '57-'66 windowed dizzy in a '53-'55 if you changed the gear from the original earlier dizzy. Understand????

Tom T.

Thanks..........that is what I needed to know

Back