Engine Swap help

I want to put a 430 into a 65 LeSabre. Had a 300 2 Barrel (what were they thinkin, it's 18 Ft long ?) Sort of a Wild cat clone. Any info would be appreciated. Can I fit Electra front springs? Plan to use 200-4R trans and something different at the rear?:confused:

Just to make you think.......

Did you consider swapping in a nailhead????? A 425 would have almost as much power [465 ft.lb. tork at 2800 vs 475 ft. lb. at 3200] and be tougher and be a easier swap to do.... basicly a bolt in with all factory stuff from a donor car...forged steel crank vs cast iron... forged steel rods ... 5 bolts per cyl. on the heads vs 4 bolts ....better oil system that does not have to be modified,,,, and a cooling system that will not have to be modified.... dont take my word for it,,, check it out guy... :D

yeah but;

Did you consider swapping in a nailhead????? A 425 would have almost as much power [465 ft.lb. tork at 2800 vs 475 ft. lb. at 3200] and be tougher and be a easier swap to do.... basicly a bolt in with all factory stuff from a donor car...forged steel crank vs cast iron... forged steel rods ... 5 bolts per cyl. on the heads vs 4 bolts ....better oil system that does not have to be modified,,,, and a cooling system that will not have to be modified.... dont take my word for it,,, check it out guy... :D
I happen to have a well built 430 with TA front end etc. just looks like I'd need rear sump pan & pick up & old radiator from my Rivi I hope.:wavey:

Yep,,,,

I put a 430, into a 64 lark body,,, and Yep you will have to have a rear sump pan and oil pick up.... my car had a 300 in it , before the swap.... you will need a heavy duty radiator and fan shroud,,, if you dont already have one.... not sure which mounts for a big car... I used mounts for a 67 gs 400... you will need a trans,,, 67 year or so... not sure the last year for the switch pitch trans but a good transmission man could build one for you.. you will have to change out the exhaust manifolds... and head pipes....and of course all the engine brackets....
Be ready for breakage....

Exhaust?

Hadn't thought about exhaust manifolds. I have several; 455s from unknown source, 430s from 68 Rivi. I am building 200-4R its small and I thought it would fit easily. Tell me more about breakage! I notice the 300 in there now is chained down on drivers side. I think the young person that had it prior ran the piss out of it. Rear end is bleeding all over the gas tank and the inside of the rear bumper is coated with grease and sand, keeps down the rust.

engine swap info.....

Pard, if you will pm your phone no. I will call you ,,, its free weekends....
i built a 430 stage 2 and put it into my 64 lark... back in 1969..... there is a lot of implications that dont meet the eye....

Back