exhaust system 61 buick

P

powerhouse

Hello,
I am going to need to replace current exhaust system on my 61 lesabre conv. I had found a web site some time ago that did pipes, mufflers and the whole system for the lesabre and I lost the web address. I have not been able to find it on the web. I believe the name of the place was Queens or something like that! I'm also thinking about going with stainless steal. Please give some advice on this matter, it will be geatly appreciated. Thanks Mark

Mark,
Depending on where you live, it might be worth your while to find a good custom exhaust shop and have them do it for you. Ask some of the car clubs if they can recommend somebody. I would stay away from the muffler chain stores. This is just my opinion as I hate doing exhaust work, especially on old cars. If you do decide to tackle it yourself, get everything new, front to back and be prepared for the broken bolts etc. especially at the manifolds.

Thanks Bill,
I have the exhaust system off now and believe it or not everything come off without a hitch. I will check into the custom shops. Would it be wise to look at stainless steal or go with standard. Thanks again. Mark

Back