Hello from AK

Ryan474

Hey everyone! Names Ryan and bought myself a 67' GS400 when I was 19yrs old from my best friends dad. Cars been sitting for 7 years now and I finally have the money saved up to start a restoration!! Car is all there just needs a face lift! Looking to see if anyone knows how to break down the data plate that's on the firewall... I can find most of the info such as year, plant and such but there are a few numbers and letter under the trim code that don't make sense.. Can I get some help???

Ryan

Ryan, Welcome, and post a picture of your trim tag. Also look in the reference section under 1967. You will find the 67 is a favorite of many here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Data Plate

Steve,

Here's the trim data plate.. The numbers below the paint code G-G are the ones that I can't figure out..

Attachments

• data plate for Buick.jpg
    data plate for Buick.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 14
Option codes

Group 1
W = Tinted windshield

Group 2
Z = 3-spd auto transmission

Group 4
F = Remote controlled outside driver's mirror

Group 5
K = Door Edge Guards

Floor console

Can anyone tell me if my car came with a floor console with my data plate info?? Reason for asking is every picture I see of other 67's is if they came with bucket seats they had a floor console shift and my currently has a column shift... Maybe the person who originally ordered the car just had that preference....?

Ryan

Option codes for floor consoles:

Group 2
E = console (D56 & D57)
F = short console
G = long console (D55)

where
D56 = Floor console - short non-shift
D57 = Consolette - bucket seats and manual floor shift trans only

Back